The Braun series are a brand of hair trimmers that are part of the Proctor and Gamble personal grooming and cosmetics company products. This company is known for managing some of the most popular male grooming products like Old spice and Gillette.
In the beard trimmers category, they are known for overseeing Braun series of shavers which qualify as the best beard trimmer in the market today.
Their beard shavers are known for their sleek designs, the waterproof capabilities that they come with, flexible shaving heads that are designed to accommodate different hair movements and rechargeable batteries that give you the option of using the beard trimmers unplugged.
In this shaver review, we are going to specifically zero in on the Braun 5040s Electric Shaver. You definitely need to read through it if you are considering purchasing this particular model.
Technical Details of The Braun 5040s Electric Shaver
- This beard trimmer comes in a weight of 1.1 pounds and dimesions of 6.2 x 3.2 x 8.7 inches.
- The trimmer is completely water proof and thus can be used for wet shaving and can also be rinsed in water during cleaning.
- The electric shaver comes with a head that is easily adjustable to be able to accommodate a variety of hand variations.
- The shaver is powered by a Li - ion battery that is rechargeable and can be used for a period of 45 minutes after a full charging period of one hour.
- The shaver is designed with a battery indicator feature that allows the user to monitor the battery levels when it is being used while unplugged.
- The shaver comes in a sleek design that makes it easy to handle during shaving so as to guarantee the user a desirable level of comfort.
It Is A Waterproof Electric Shaver
At some point during your shaving, your beard shaver will most likely come into contact with water. Therefore, this shaver has been designed to be completely waterproof to save you repair costs that most other shavers experience due to water damage. Additionally, this makes it easily acquire a wet/dry functionality that will give you the option of using the beard trimmer for dry shaving or wet shaving as per your personal preferences.The waterproof feature also means that you will have an easy time when it comes to cleaning the shaver after use which will save you a lot of time. To make cleaning it with water easy the manufacturer provides a cleaning brush with long bristles for efficient cleaning sessions.
The beard trimmer has rechargeable batteries
The power source is usually a key determinant of whether a beard trimmer will rank highly as the best beard shaver. To compete adequately in this area, the beard trimmer has been fitted with rechargeable batteries. Actually, you can use it for a period of up to 45 minutes after a charging period of 1 hour. That is enough time for you to do all the shaving you need. Another key benefit to that is that it is cost effective in the long run as you will not need to purchase batteries every now and then.
It can be used unplugged
The best beard trimmer should not limit you in terms of how and where you can use it. And one beneficial thing about this beard trimmer is that you can use it unplugged. This will afford you several benefits. First, you can use it in any place you desire without being limited to an area with a socket. An additional benefit is that it can work perfectly for you as the beard shaver you use for your travel to areas that have an unreliable power supply or just while you are in transit during travel. The good thing is that this feature is supported by the battery indicator which will notify you when you are running out of charge on your battery so that you can charge it.
It comes with Multihead lock
People who shave regularly have different needs at different times and so it is important that the beard shaver that they have is flexible enough to take care of these needs sufficiently. If you are one of these people then you will find this trimmer's multi headlock feature very critical for your needs.What the multi headlock does is to ensure that you achieve precise cuts through the five different angles from which you can shave from. So no matter the contour you are shaving from, you will still achieve that close cut and eliminate any problematic hair on your neck or chin. It will do this and leave you with no irritation whatsoever.
It comes in an easy to use design
The electric trimmer comes in a weight that is easy to handle and dimensions that are not that bulky. Apart from that, it is designed in a manner that imitates the hand such that your grip on it is both comfortable, firm and effortless. Therefore even if you use it for long periods don't expect to suffer from some kind of strain on your hand.
Braun 5040s Electric Shaver Cons
- Some users complain that this electric shaver is a bit loud so you might want to have that in mind incase you are seriously considering purchasing this beard shaver.
- In some cases, although very few, the shaver has had internal malfunctions that made using it one very unbearable experience for some users. However, the manufacturer gives you the option to return any defective trimmers for replacement.
- Others users who are acquainted with the other models from the same series say that you need quite some time shaving with it to achieve a similar close shave to the more advanced Braun Series models.
All in all, it is a good electric shaver that can be used to achieve the desired results for any individual despite its cons. I love the fact that I have the option to use it without the need of a charging cord which gives me diverse options on places I can use it. The fact that it is a waterproof beard trimmer is also key as you can easily use it in the shower without the fear of damaging it. Also since this electric beard trimmer has a flexible head, you are guaranteed to get a close cut everytime you go shaving with it. And you will get to do all that effortlessly thanks to its both sleek and functional design. Why not try it out?